On May 18th, Governor Baker announced his plans for reopening the Massachusetts economy. Throughout this pandemic, we have been working on compiling the information and resources you may need to help your business/organization pivot and succeed while planning for an eventual new normal. (Please note that Phase 4 will NOT happen until there is a vaccine or treatment for COVID-19.)
Please review these resources and check back regularly, as we continue to add to this list.
Massachusetts Specific Information & Resources
- Reopening Massachusetts: Detailed Presentation
- Reopening Massachusetts Website
- COVID-19 Control Plan Template (*required)
- COVID-19 Control Plan Checklist (*required)
- Mandatory Safety Standards for Workplaces (printable poster)
- Industry Specific Guidance
- Have a question or comment about the Reopening Plan/Guidance for your industry? Submit it to the Commonwealth here.
What Can My Business Reopen?
Helpful Links & Resources
- 13 Ideas for Restaurants and Retailers to Increase Sales During Relaunch
- Ready to Reopen: A Playbook for Your Small Business brought to you by U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Join the Reopening Greater Lowell Facebook group that is open to all businesses and organizations in the community!
- U.S. Chamber Reopening Business: Digital Resource Center
- Customer Awareness: Business are Opening – Please be Patient
What Are Other States Doing?
PPE: Personal Protective Equipment
- AOTCO in Billerica is selling hand sanitizer.
- The Artisan’s Exchange in Chelmsford is selling masks
- UnWrapped in Lowell is selling masks through Circular Blu.
- $1.60/unit, 600 units/case (not including shipping/handling) call Gavin Bodkin at 301-385-5179 or purchase at www.circularblustore.com.
- You can also pick up your order at 95 Rock Street in Lowell.
- New Balance: New Balance has engaged a portion of its skilled and innovative U.S. manufacturing workforce to develop face masks to address the significant demand for these supplies. They are producing prototypes for face masks in their Lawrence, MA manufacturing facility and hope to scale production using our other New England factories soon. They are coordinating their efforts with government officials and local medical institutions as well other U.S. consortiums and testing facilities. Order directly here.
- ViruDefense: Produces Surgical N95 Masks. POC(s): Pieter Muntendam, MD / 978-387-541/ Pmuntendam@virudefense.co
- Duziem Labs: Produces: Hand Sanitizers. Willing to produce: Capability to produce 1k gallon of hand sanitizer. POC(s): Ben Opara / 978-204-2527 w / Duziemlabs@comcat.net
- 99Degrees: Produces: Technical performance activewear with integrated wearable technologies: Willing to produce: Gowns and masks (producing for State, was promoted with Gov Baker last week). POC(s): Brenna Schneider / 978-655-3362 w / firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Fiber Technology, LLC (www.nftech.com): Produces: cloth mask with MERV-14 filters. Plans to Produce: Medical gown. POC(s): Kim Clark 978-479-9073 email@example.com
- Visit the state’s website for additional options to purchase PPE.
- Click here to access the COVID-19 Resources we’ve compiled over the past several months including:
- Small Business Funding Options
- Unemployment Information Resources for Employers and the Unemployed
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- Cover your nose and mouth when you’re out in public
- Wash your hands and any surfaces you touch
- Keep your distance from others
- Stay vigilant for symptoms and stay home if you think you’re sick
Please remember that the Greater Lowell Chamber is here for you each and every step of the way. Please email Danielle at any point with:
- Questions you have
- Resources you’d like to Chamber to compile
- Concerns you are anticipating
- Opportunities you are excited about
- Strategies you are willing to share