Universal Banker III Tewksbury Branch: Salem Five
This job posting is for the Tewksbury branch please contact Melody M. Anoli-Marcotte at email@example.com.
Department: Retail Banking
Salem Five employees are the embodiment of the company’s core values: dedication, integrity, community, accountability, and progressive thinking. Collaboration with colleagues, engagement with clients and prospects, and a commitment to delivery of an exceptional customer experience are but a few of the key attributes of a successful Universal Banker at Salem Five.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify sales opportunities, deepen existing relationships, and grow Salem Five’s market share in the communities it serves.
- In collaboration with branch management and internal business partners, uncover needs and make referrals to cross-sell products and services such as business loans, merchant, insurance, and investment services.
- Engage in defined sales activities to include uncovering customer needs, offering solutions, closing the business, onboarding, follow-up, outbound calling, and recording each point of customer contact in the Bank’s system of record.
- Participate in team meetings, contribute toward branch sales goals, engage in divisional campaigns, and celebrate team successes.
Deliver an exceptional customer experience every time by:
- Making a personal connection with every customer.
- Uncovering their financial needs through meaningful discussion and exploration.
- Making educated product and service recommendations based on expert knowledge of same.
- Providing financial solutions that meet the customer’s needs.
- Following up to ensure satisfaction.
Business Acumen and Technical Knowledge
- Have a good understanding of the business of banking to include income and expense streams and portfolio of products and services.
- Able to quickly learn all functionalities and related benefits inherent in the products and services offered by the Bank.
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships and alliances with customers and colleagues.
- Flexible with the willingness and ability to adapt to change.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Salem Five’s digital technology offerings.
- Proficient with mobile smart phones and downloading applications. This includes the basics of texting, email and application management.
- Proficient with desktop applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficient using the Internet (mobile and desktop) to search for and locate information.
- Eager to embrace new and emerging technologies.
- Able to quickly learn and adhere to all policies and procedure related to branch operations to include, but not be limited to, check cashing, deposit taking, settlement, account opening, debit card issuance, branch opening and closing, audit requirements, compliance requirements, vault and ATM management, and other such functions.
- As all Salem Five retail positions are required to have ‘universal’ branch banking skills, must have / develop a full working knowledge of both the traditional ‘sales’ and ‘teller’ functions and routinely perform both.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma, or equivalent required. Three-five years’ experience in a retail or banking environment or early mastery of Universal Banker II responsibilities required. Some supervisory or management experience required. This position is a ‘key-holder’ and as such, is a member of the branch management team, opening/closing the branch as schedules dictate. In the absence of a Manager and/or Assistant Manager, serves as the ‘manager on duty’. Demonstrates leadership abilities, uses sound judgement in decision-making, and serves as a coach for junior staff members. In coordination with the Branch Manager, develops business outside the bank through active engagement in the community, attending networking events, and either jointly with internal business partners or independently conducting business calls on customers and prospects. Proven success in delivering a superior experience in a customer-centric environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following additional competencies:
Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively, is an active listener, seeks clarification when necessary, writes clearly and concisely, participates in meetings.
Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes toward an energetic, positive team environment. Works well with others as a member of a team.
Problem Solving/Decision Making – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner seeking assistance as necessary, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations, uses sound judgement, holds oneself accountable for decisions made.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
With a rich history and a strong reputation for growth, service and innovation, Salem Five offers employees a sense of stability and pride. Salem Five also offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package including health insurance and matching 401k plan. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and application online at salemfive.com/careers or mail your resume to Human Resources, 210 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)