Jr. Inventory Associate: Walden Local Meat Co.
Location: Shawsheen St, Tewksbury, MA
Schedule: Monday-Friday; shift 9am-5pm
Employment Type: Seasonal (May- August)
Hours: 30-45 hours per week (will start around 30 and increase to 40-45 as our seasonal deliveries increase in frequency and volume over the summer)
Pay: $18.00/hr ($16.50/hr base rate plus $1.50/hr attendance bonus)
As a member of Walden’s Inventory team, you’ll check in, unload and transfer pallets from our processors into our warehouse freezer bays on a quick timeline to ensure food safety. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining inventory counts, and ensuring inventory quality.
This is a great position for someone looking to start an inventory, warehouse or supply chain career to receive training on inventory management and warehouse equipment, or for students looking for a seasonal job. If you’re a team player and passionate about high-quality food, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Unload palletized deliveries from our supplier partners using pallet jacks
- Transfer pallets of inventory to and from the walk-in freezers using pallet jacks
- Manage inventory, including checking in deliveries and maintaining accurate inventory counts through use of the RF scanner and inventory tracking system
- Assist with general warehouse tasks, such as breaking down cardboard boxes and clean warehouse space
- Exercise good judgment and attention to detail when problems arise
What You’ll Bring
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Passion for our mission to make sustainable, local food and agriculture work
- Team-oriented attitude
- Reliable transportation to our warehouse in Tewksbury, MA
- Willingness to get hands dirty and jump in to do whatever needs to get done
- Ability to lift and move 35-50 pounds
- Excellent attendance
Bonus points if you have….
- Prior warehouse, inventory, food or agriculture experience
- Experience using reach trucks, hand trucks, pallet jacks and/or forklifts
- Experience working in a temperature-controlled facility (our freezers are held at -10F and our packing room is held at 40-45F)
Don’t check all the boxes? Don’t worry! We know that there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Walden Local is committed to building a team that brings passion for our mission and a diverse set of experiences and opinions. Feel welcomed to bring your whole and authentic self and please apply if this is a role you feel passionately about! We read cover letters and encourage you to share your unique experience and interest in this role and our mission.
What We Offer
- Financial: Bi-weekly Perfect Attendance Bonus (starts from your first day)
- The Fun Stuff (starts from your first day): up to 5 lbs of free meat weekly, 25% off up to 2 Walden monthly meat subscription memberships, 25% discount at our Boston butcher shop.
Interested in applying? Contact Emma Bouras (email@example.com)