Finance and Administration Process Manager (Virtual Role) – Aberkyn
Aberkyn is a partnership of transformation leadership facilitators, serving a wide range of global clients. Co-founded in 2012 with McKinsey & Company, Aberkyn offers distinctive innovation in consulting – to serve clients with truly integrated performance and health interventions at scale. Our facilitators of transformation combine a deep expertise in transforming leadership behavior with a strong experience in global corporate business organizations.
Our dual purpose is:
* To serve leaders to transform their organizations and to be a force for good in the world.
* To be a nurturing home that attracts, inspires and develops masterful facilitators of transformation.
Aberkyn operates out of its hubs in Amsterdam, Berlin, Boston, Dubai, London, Montreal and Singapore.
Finance & Administration Process Manager
We are looking to strengthen our North America Hub with a Finance & Administration Process Manager (80%). As spider in the web, you are the go-to person for all Finance administration related questions for the North American community.
You will need to possess the right combination of soft skills –interpersonal people skills, social skills and communication skills to effectively navigate an expansive virtual work environment, in parallel with complementary hard skills related to financial and operations management, –strong analytical skills, keen attention to detail, technology application and project management. This role is ideal for someone who possesses excellent administrative skills, embraces technology and has a pragmatic approach to problem-solving. A team player who is a pro-active self-starter, flexible, service-oriented, enthusiastic and conscientious.
Since the North America team mostly works remotely, you need to enjoy the freedom of working from home – connected to colleagues by email, phone, and video calls.
As the F&A Process Manager you are responsible for administrative project management, general operational and finance administration, including all accounts receivables and payables in coordination with our bank and the reporting requirements of the corporate office of Aberkyn NL.
* Finance & Administration
* Invoicing and accounts receivable: Create outgoing invoices based on the agreements with clients. Tracking payment of invoices and follow up with clients where needed.
* Accounts payable and cash management: confirm that incoming invoices are aligned with agreed to terms; paying invoices at the right time.
* Monthly closure procedures including:
* Reconcile bank account monthly
* Reconcile monthly credit card statements
* Ensure proper allocation of class codes for expenses and revenue
* Record payroll amounts monthly
* Review monthly adjustments to prepaid balances, deferred revenue and expense amounts
* Collaborate with Aberkyn NL Finance team on monthly financial results
* Over time you will be taking over bookings in QuickBooks from the external accountant.
* Engagement Management
* Engagement management: Engagement budgeting and process management (program budgets, Statement of Work / client agreements process, charge code/ obtaining Purchase Order numbers/ implementing invoicing requirements from client)
* CRM: engagement process input / keeping system up to date
* HR process tasks
* Affiliate contracting process
* Onboarding process tasks (providing email address, business cards)
* Implementation support of annual Talent View process
* ADP (outsourced) salary management / payroll processing
* Ensure visas and work permits for affiliates
* BA/Finance or MBA with focus on Finance or related study
* 5+ years of work experience in Finance roles
* Deep knowledge of Excel, bookkeeping systems, QuickBooks online
* Able to quickly scrutinize administrative processes and identify correlations
* Pragmatic and process thinking mind-set
* Pro-active attitude and continuously looking for improvement
* Accurate and solution focused
* Strong communication skills both written and oral
* Able to work standalone in a dynamic, professional environment
* Able to deal with change
* At least 4 years’ relevant experience
* Available 35 hours; freelance or as employee
What do we offer?
We are a young and dynamic, internationally expanding organization with lots of opportunity for cooperation, innovation, fun and (personal) development. Besides a solid salary, Aberkyn stimulates personal growth, hence we invest in training programs.
Interested? Please send us your cv and motivation letter. For more information, you can connect with Brechje van Geenen in The Netherlands via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: +31 -6 53 4444 57.
The position is a virtual role, and could be freelance or as an employee. We are open to both options. Estimated hours 35/week. Salary Range is ~$65K – $70K.