Senior Real Estate Loan Underwriter
Want to join the number one ranked Credit Union in Massachusetts?
Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a pleasant working environment and the opportunity for career growth and advancement. We count on our valued workforce to be professional, provide exceptional member service and to help our members make smart financial choices.
Come join us as a Senior Real Estate Loan Underwriter where you will demonstrate an extensive knowledge of real estate products and services including secondary market guidelines and is able to perform various duties related to the efficient underwriting of real estate loans according to industry regulations and Credit Union policy under the direction of the Assistant Vice President-Mortgage Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Underwrite, approve or deny mortgage loan applications up to loan approval limits. Recommend approval or denial to loan officers for those in excess of their limit; underwrites home equity loans when member applies for product simultaneously with a first mortgage loan, and recommends approval or denial to loan officers.
· Assists in the underwriting of Home Equity Loans as warranted by volume.
· Interact with Credit Union Loan Officers to discuss or present loan files for approval or denial.
· Responsible for updating loan application data in the loan processing system to ensure accurate transmittal to Fannie Mae’s desktop underwriter.
· Import loans to Desktop Underwriter and review the underwriting findings to determine conditions to be met for the loan to be salable to Fannie Mae.
· Review appraisals for conformity to secondary market guidelines and approves or follow up with appraiser for additional of missing information.
· Determine if loan is conforming, non-conforming, salable, non-salable and meets Credit Union policies. Underwrites according to secondary market and Credit Union guidelines and establishes underwriting conditions in conjunction with these guidelines.
· Responsible for updating the loan processing system with correct ratios, loan to value and all underwriting conditions in order for the real estate loan processor to prepare the commitment letter to the member.
· Perform delegated underwriting authority for mortgage insurance companies under stated guidelines and responsible for obtaining insurance certificate for all loans requiring mortgage insurance.
· Proficient at pipeline management with an emphasis on organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Collaborate effectively with fellow originators, processors, underwriters and loan officers to ensure that loan applications are fully completed; the necessary supporting documentation is received, and the loan closes as scheduled.
· Build relationships with an emphasis on member education; evaluate and recommend areas relative to loan protection products, credit/debit cards, internet access, other loan products and services, etc.
· Serve as a resource on mortgage products/services of the Credit Union; respond to internal and external loan related member questions & research.
Associate’s degree; 4-7 years of related banking experience and/or training; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong attention to detail; sound understanding of industry regulations and guidelines; FannieMae reporting, secondary market guidelines.
Our Core Values:
Provide Legendary Service
Strive for Excellence
Job Type: Full-time