Retail Banking Associate – Lowell Five
Retail Banking Associate
The Retail Banking Associate (RBA) is a universal position that includes traditional Teller responsibilities, Head Teller and Customer Service Representative functions. RBAs will provide an excellent customer experience processing monetary transactions behind the teller line, as well as handling more complex inquiries, transactions, maintenance, and account openings in the branch lobby.
ABOUT LOWELL FIVE
With $1.4 billion in assets, 230 employees and 16 banking center locations throughout the Merrimack Valley and Southern New Hampshire, Lowell Five is honored to play a vital role in the economic vitality of the region. We provide support of, and our employees are engaged in, a myriad of leadership roles for numerous community boards and organizations. We are proud of the longevity of our employees and we are committed to finding new talent for our team. We offer career development and educational programs to support personal and professional growth along with a benefit package that supports each employee’s best life. For more information, please visit www.lowellfive.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains necessary supplies and cash
- Processes customer transactions and payments within the lobby or drive-thru, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, money orders, bank checks, bonds; accountable for ensuring confidential customer information is securely stored throughout the day
- Opens savings, checking and certificates of deposit accounts; accepts loan applications
- Organizes daily branch work, maintains accuracy and proper documentation, and completes required regulatory and operational reports
- Balances cash drawer and transactions at end of working day
- Assists in the balancing of the main vault and ATM as needed
- Assists in giving customers access to safe deposit boxes (in applicable branches) and adheres to respective procedures and guideline
- Responds to customer inquiries in person and on the phone; educates customers about Bank products and services to meet their needs; recognizes referral or sale opportunities and initiates introductions to appropriate team members
- Assists other Retail Banking Associates with respect to balancing, various customer inquiries, and also with supervisor overrides as needed; escalates issues to branch management as appropriate
- Trains new Retail Banking Associates as appropriate
- Acts as backup to Head Teller as needed
- Opens and closes the branch as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous cash handling and customer service experience in a retail environment preferred
- Customer focus with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong oral communication skills with the ability to be concise, clear, and consistent
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and basic computer skills
- May require the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies weighing up to approximately 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change over time.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities