Office Assistant/Assistant Event Coordinator at Artisan Chef Catering Co.
This position is for Office Assistant/Assistant Event Coordinator at Artisan Chef Catering Co. (formerly Two Chefs Catering)
Contact: Alison Kerrigan, General Manager at 978-970-0212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is available immediately for part time and will increase to full-time in the late spring (flexible start date).
Candidate needs to be detail oriented, organized, good with people, take direction well, and have competent computer skills. Must have reliable transportation.
- Put together flyers and posts for social media
- Occasionally running errands to stores, dry cleaners, venues, or residential homes
- Data entry into the company system to start event proposals and updating event notes.
- Answering phones
- Making framed event menu signs
- Event pack-ups. Assistant will pack up a bin for each event to include décor to match event theme as well as appropriate signage and menu
- China and linen pack up for events
- Take on miscellaneous office/sales projects
- Assisting event planners with Bar pack ups for off-site events
- Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
- Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure.
- Must have adequate upper body strength for heavy lifting and strong back and leg muscles for hours of standing, bending and walking around. This pertains mostly to working on-site events.
- Must be open to a flexible schedule. Candidate will train under event managers at off-premise events (mostly on weekends, typically 1 weekend day each week)