Developmental Specialist – American Training, Inc.
Developmental Specialist – Lowell or Wakefield, MA
American Training, Inc. is seeking a Developmental Specialist to carry out the day to-day activities of the program, including programming, data collection and record keeping, and caring for the personal needs of the Guests. We are looking for a talented individual with a deep commitment to working as part of a skilled team and a true passion for advocating for American Training Guests, to ensure that they are receiving quality services while incorporating our WOW! Magic philosophy.
* Works with the Interdisciplinary Team to establish goals and plans for each of the Guests.
* Carries out specific duties and activities as needed, ensures Guest’s safety, and implements a broad variety of activities which promote the goals, needs and desires of each Guest.
* Keeps program area clean to ensure a healthy, clean environment for the Guests.
* Ensures various supplies, equipment and other materials used are in adequate supply, stored correctly and are in good repair.
* Works with Colleagues assisting Guests on and off vans/cars, provides physical support entering and exiting building, moves Guests in wheelchairs and other needs as indicated by each Guest.
* Teaches, trains, guides and directs Guests individually and in groups to reinforce skills, learn new skills and to increase independence for attainment of Day Habilitation Service Plan goals.
* Regularly observes Guests’ behavior and performance and provides reports, updates and general observations to the Program Director and Interdisciplinary Team.
* Maintains a regular caseload, ensuring all documentation is completed in a timely manner which may include daily data collection, monthly progress notes, quarterly notes, day habilitation service plans, severity profiles, and service needs assessments.
* Assists with all other necessary paperwork as assigned by Program Director and as required by Mass Health regulations.
* Is knowledgeable of, and demonstrates in all duties, the policies of American Training, Inc. in the areas of Human Rights and confidentiality.
* Participates in various groups/committees, either internally or outside the agency as assigned by Program Director.
* Implements the Mission of American Training – “Bringing Out the Best in Everyone We Touch Because Every Life Matters!” and the company Values
* Attends all required trainings and meetings.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree + 1 year of experience in the Developmental Disabilities field, or 2 years of relevant experience with no degree.
* Strong organization and communication skills.
* Knowledge of appropriate paperwork necessary for mandated record keeping.
* Use the highest standard of ethical conduct at all times, which includes respecting the confidentiality of Colleagues and Guests.
* Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills.
* Participate in a workplace climate that celebrates and encourages diversity.
* Maintain an excellent training record by positively completing all training requirements.
* Positively promote the image of Guests with developmental disabilities and American Training, Inc.
* A valid driver’s license, the use of a personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and a satisfactory CORI are required.
Frequent walking, standing and driving. Must be able to life 40-50 pounds. Must be able to sustain in a fast-paced environment with a high energy level. Must be able to physically implement First Aid/CPR to Guests in response to an emergency situation and/or the implementation of a Treatment Plan.
Who We Are
American Training, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that has been delivering premier, award-winning workforce development, day habilitation, and work and residential programs since 1979. Our dedicated and passionate family of Colleagues compliments these programs with some of the region’s most dynamic support services in the areas of transportation, counseling, work-preparedness seminars, and advocacy. We serve hundreds of residents, including people with disabilities, youth, youth-at-risk, the unemployed, underemployed, lifelong adult learners, and those looking to get the most out of life. Our services extend across many cities and towns in the Greater Merrimack Valley area and beyond. We are recognized for our WOW! Magic, which describes the FUN & Entertainment we incorporate in our activities, while always acknowledging dignity and respect for each person. As a company, American Training is fully committed to Bringing Out the Best in Everyone We Touch by using proven methods leading to lives that are fuller and more meaningful.
Please send resume to email@example.com or apply on our website at http://www.americantraininginc.com/about/careers/
American Training, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays, a dynamic, fun work environment, and much more!
Check out our website to learn more about who we are http://www.americantraininginc.com