Development Assistant – Project LEARN, Inc.
Project LEARN, Inc. Development Assistant
Working in partnership with local business leaders and educational institutions, Project LEARN (Lowell Educational Access Resource Network) is a groundbreaking organization. Project LEARN seeks to provide Lowell Public Schools (LPS) more of the tools needed to help every student succeed and become a life-long learner.
Our mission is to transform the Lowell Public Schools into a model of urban educational excellence. We will do this by developing and funding crucial services and enrichment programming to support educators, students and their families.
At Project LEARN we work to identify and fund programming that enriches the educational experience for ALL Lowell Public Schools students.
For more information, please visit www.projectlearninc.org.
The Development Assistant will support the Project LEARN, Inc. executive team to support the fundraising and grant writing efforts and assist on administrative aspects of a growing non profit organization. This position is currently part-time position (20 hours).
The Development Assistant will:
· Oversee office communication: Answer phones and relay messages left on voicemail/answering machine
· Assist with grant preparation and submission
· Maintain and update website
· Manage volunteer communication and scheduling
· Assist the Director of Programs on Lowell Loves to Learn BookNook project administration and coordination as needed
· Draft correspondence and prepare mailings
· Oversee technology maintenance, including managing equipment functionality, record keeping, and manage technology (computers/printers) updates/functionality
· Maintain office supply inventory
· Prepare and deliver bank deposits
· Update, print and mail thank you letters for financial and in-kind contributions
· Maintain and expand TrailBlazer database with donor and grantor information
· Assisting staff with preparation and taking notes for meetings, workshops and events
· Manage bulk office mailings including mail merges, printing and posting
· Administrative tasks such as time sheets, filing, invoicing, etc.
· Lowell Public Schools Alum
· Minimum of 2 years of Administrative or Communications experience, preferably in non-profit sector
· Experience using Trail Blazer or other donor tracking database
· Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, business judgment, tact and diplomacy
· Credibility and integrity
· Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
· Excellent communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills, with great attention to detail
· Strong calendaring, organizational and document management skills
· Work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive, can-do attitude
· Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, staff, donors, trustees and other stakeholders
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent organization, time management skills and attention to detail
· Computer skills required – Microsoft Word & Excel, email, internet
· Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines
· Flexibility to take on new assignments as opportunities arise
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The title of the email subject line should be: Application for Executive Assistant. Accepting applications until the position is filled.