Customer Experience Manager – Salem Five Bank / Tewksbury
Customer Experience Manager / Salem Five Bank 2171 Main Street, Tewksbury, MA
Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Branch Market Manager
A Customer Experience Manager will be successful by demonstrating the leadership skills necessary to increase customer loyalty through their knowledge and ability to understand and execute customer relationship management consistently through all delivery channels. Success will be measured by customer retention, relationship expansion across all customer segments and products, and usage of all delivery channels to include customer facing and information tools. The ability to control and exceed budget and fee income expectations by adopting all resources necessary will also be an integral aspect of this job along with maintaining sound audit and compliance practices.
40 hour schedule – Monday through Friday, rotating Saturdays. Working with the market manager in our Tewksbury, MA branch, s/he will ensure that all expectations including relationship management, customer adoption of all products and services are managed effectively. S/he is responsible for assuring that their team maintains a focused service strategy along with this.
Understanding that all divisions of the company work together for one common purpose – to deliver a consistent and distinctive customer experience to all customers. All employees must have knowledge of Salem Five’s digital banking services and are able to use, understand and describe these services.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide an outstanding Customer Experience to Salem Five customers and prospects.
• Be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Salem Five’s digital technology offering.
• Proficient with mobile smart phones and downloading applications. This includes the basics of texting, email and application management.
• Proficient utilizing desktop applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, Exchange).
• Proficient utilizing the Internet (mobile and desktop) to search and locate information.
• Embrace new and emerging technologies to support operations and customers through flexibility and the ability to learn and adapt to change.
• Regular attendance is essential to this position.
• Demonstrates compliance with banking business laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures pertinent to the position.
• Lead the internal relationship management process by leading by example. This may/will include profiling all customer touches and documenting profiles and all customer contacts on ecm (CRM), retaining and expanding relationships through onboarding, telemarketing and email contacts.
• Assist with managing all debriefings and daily review of profiles, calls and results vs. goal.
• Actively sells all deposit and loan products, makes referrals, when appropriate to insurance, mortgage and SFIS to acquire, expand and retain relationships.
• Accountable with Market Manager for store growth goals.
Customer Experience and Channel Management
• Assists in managing the daily customer experience to ensure consistency across all customer touch points. Helps to position Salem Five as the leader in the financial services industry in terms of customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention and ensures their store provides a higher level of customer experience from other providers in the marketplace and industry. Leads the customer greeting process at store greeter counter.
• Assists with leading the day to day focus to exceed customer expectations by ensuring the store provides a premiere customer experience with a professional, knowledgeable, can-do attitude and willingness to help at all times.
• Takes ownership and accountability with every internal and external customer interaction. Provides a complete solution to the customer’s primary need(s).
• Lead the integration and knowledge of all new customer- facing and focused technologies. Coach and train the store on all new updates and become established as the digital expert within your store.
• Establish relationships with the customer base through knowledge of account ownership, profiles, greeting customers by name and exhibiting an attitude of caring.
• Provide professional resolution to problems/issues.
• Respond appropriately to customer requests, problems and servicing issues
Ensure Operational Integrity
• Maintain integrity in the store with respect to fraud, security and safety.
• Demonstrates and assumes responsibility for all audit requirements as well as compliance with banking laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures pertinent to position and for the store.
• Effectively schedule staff and manages operating expenses within a budget.
• Effectively manage fee income to meet or exceed budget
• Effectively manage opting in and charge offs for Overdraft Optimization.
• Responsible for daily store operations to include overdraft management, store schedules and opening and closing store and other such duties.
Demonstrate Effective Leadership Skills to Ensure Maximum Productivity and Employee Development
• Lead by example
• Provide ongoing, balanced feedback through formal and informal coaching sessions
• Recruit, recognize, reward, motivate and develop employees through training, coaching and quality annual reviews
Assists with the supervision of employees in the stores. Assists with carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BA/BS degree from four-year college or university; or minimum of two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Banking experience and proven supervisory experience are required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and core values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Interpersonal Skills – A strong collaborator with customers and co-workers; focuses on responding to customer inquiries; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral & Written Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen – Understands basics of the business and related implications of decisions
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values.
Analytical – Has the ability to organize data, both financial and systemic information, and to make assessments that will be used to optimize systems or financial performance.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds as necessary to support the coin counters and settlement bags.. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
With a rich history and a strong reputation for growth, service and innovation, Salem Five offers employees a sense of stability and pride. Salem Five also offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package including health insurance and matching 401(k) plan. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and application online at salemfive.com/careers or mail your resume to Human Resources, 210 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.