Assistant Vice President – Compliance: Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union
Want to join the number one ranked Credit Union in Massachusetts?
Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a pleasant working environment and the opportunity for career growth and advancement. We count on our valued workforce to be professional, provide exceptional member service and to help our members make smart financial choices.
Come join us as an Assistant Vice President – Compliance where under the general direction of the Vice President – Operation Risk Management, this position is responsible for directing and managing the compliance program of the Credit Union to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Responsible for the development, coordination, oversight, policies and procedures, risk assessment, remediation plans and serves as liaison for regulatory and third party auditor interactions of the Credit Union wide compliance program excluding the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) program that incorporates regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (ALM), Office of Foreign Control (OFAC), and Identity Theft Red Flag; responsible for the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) data management; monitoring activities. Collaborate with department managers and senior management to communicate and address compliance matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as the Credit Union’s Compliance Officer as appointed by the Board of Directors.
· Monitors legislative and regulatory environment, including but not limited to, consumer protection and banking laws that impact the compliance program. This includes examination trends and interpreting, reporting and communicating on regulatory changes affecting the Credit Union’s operations, products, and services; manage the process of implementing needed changes.
· Work with business partners to proactively identify regulatory risks and issues, and educate staff; develop, implement and monitor the process of instituting regulatory requirements as it affects Credit Union policies and procedures including, but not limited to disclosures, advertising, and banking products.
· Manage the Credit Union’s compliance risk assessment program including remediation plans, updating and tracking of industry trends and keeper of the records.
· Act as liaison in conjunction with the other regulatory officers for third party and government agency led compliance reviews; manage the review process in order to balance the requirements as determined by the third-party vendor and/or government agency and the goals and resource constraints of the Credit Union’s business units. Receive and disseminate first day letter; monitor information collected for exam; attend meetings; reviews/coordinates management’s responses; and monitors resolutions to closed status.
· Work with business units to interpret, review, and provide guidance in implementing regulatory compliance initiatives.
· Lead Compliance Committee meetings. Manage the project tracking responsibility for the committee.
· Track information relating to member complaints and resolution; and, prepares activity reports on annual basis for reporting to the Board of Directors or committee thereof; monthly reports to senior management.
· Prepare and present quarterly/annual reports, as required, to the Board of Directors or applicable Board Committee of the Credit Union’s Compliance Program, including tracking findings and resolution of open issues.
· Develop and update overall compliance policies in connection with department managers; review regulatory compliance policies and procedures owned by department managers.
· Develop and coordinate with Employee Development a compliance training schedule and materials as needed. Conduct trainings as required.
· Manage the Legal/Compliance Help desk. Identify trends and training gaps.
Bachelor’s degree; 5-7 years of related experience and/or training; compliance designation or certification or in the process of obtaining, previous management and leadership experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our Core Values:
Provide Legendary Service
Strive for Excellence
Job Type: Full-time
· 401(k) matching
· Dental insurance
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Employee discount
· Flexible spending account
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Referral program
· Tuition reimbursement
· Vision insurance