Assistant Vice President – Collections: Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union
Want to join the number one ranked Credit Union in Massachusetts?
Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a pleasant working environment and the opportunity for career growth and advancement. We count on our valued workforce to be professional, provide exceptional member service and to help our members make smart financial choices.
Come join us as an Assistant Vice President – Collections where you will be responsible for the management, supervision and direction of the credit union’s collection activities in compliance with federal and state regulations under the general direction of the VP-Member Contact. Manage all phases of the collection process including the efficient collection of delinquent loans and obtaining maximum recovery of losses due to repossession, charge off and foreclosure. Provide leadership and direction with an emphasis on professional development and team building, while maintaining a positive and engaging work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure that credit and collection policies, procedures, practices and documentation meet federal and state regulations.
· Sustain optimal productivity through managing workload volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing appropriate solutions.
· Establish and monitor effective control procedures for late and/or delinquent or potentially delinquent loan.
· Review accounts where non-routine collections procedures may be required; negotiate and resolve complex and non-routine member issues.
· Review and recommend all accounts that are to be charged off and/or referred to outside agencies for loan recovery.
· Coordinate and/or represent the credit union at court appearances in small claims court.
· Develop reports to monitor and evaluate the performance of the collections department and third party collection agencies, if applicable.
· Analyze collection activities and operations to determine department progress toward meeting departmental and/or organizational goals.
· Prepare various reports for management, board of directors, audit purposes, etc.
· Responsible for the legal repossession of collateral and the legal disposition of such collateral.
· Negotiate formal recovery and collection arrangement regarding cases of fraud.
· Responsible for the management of OREO/OVO property.
· Stay abreast of federal, state and collection industry requirements.
· Authorize legal proceedings; review default notices, surrender notices, bankruptcy procedures, foreclosure notices, etc for accuracy and completeness.
· Review all invoices from attorneys, third party agencies, etc.
· Serve as liaison with various service providers, e.g. attorneys, collection agencies.
· Manage and monitor the collections budget, tracking results to identify variances; taking action when appropriate.
· Establish department metrics and monitors metric performance; identifies opportunities to build awareness, share successes, and close gaps to performance inhibitors
· Create, implement, and/or recommend strategies contributing to overall credit union growth and success.
· Lead and participate on organization and department projects.
· Coach and develop team; empower team to take appropriate risk/action; assess skills and coordinate training as necessary; enhancing knowledge and greater understanding of ‘big picture’ and credit union focus.
· Demonstrate strong problem solving and decision making skills by applying knowledge and experience to develop solutions and implement appropriate action.
· Empower others to make decisions, create change, and contribute innovative suggestions for improvement.
· Demonstrate a high level of diplomacy & discretion; develops trust and credibility; acts with integrity in decision making.
· Demonstrate a special effort to say ‘yes’ in order to accommodate internal and external member needs.
· Promote Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union through community involvement via memberships in local organizations and business networks, and visibility at community events and activities supported by the credit union.
· Perform other related and unrelated duties as assigned and therefore required.
Bachelor’s degree; 5-7 years of related experience and/or training; previous management and leadership experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of collection laws and practices and Fannie Mae delinquent servicing reporting guidelines. Sound decision-making and negotiation skills. Must be detail oriented and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Outlook and other Internet applications.
Position may require travel within 30 miles of the headquarters and therefore a valid driver’s license and favorable driving record is required.
Our Core Values:
Provide Legendary Service
Strive for Excellence
Job Type: Full-time
· 401(k) matching
· Dental insurance
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Employee discount
· Flexible spending account
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Referral program
· Tuition reimbursement
· Vision insurance