Thank you for exhibiting at our 24th Annual Business Expo and Showcase! This Expo is a partnership between the Greater Lowell and Nashoba Valley Chambers of Commerce.
Tuesday, October 15th
Every booth includes pipe and draping, signage, two chairs, a table with table cloth and a trash barrel. You are welcome to bring your own branded table cloth and sign.
To start things off, we invite you to arrive at the Radisson Hotel no earlier than 12:00pm to set up your booth. Booth assignments will be sent as the date gets closer.
To make the day go a little easier here are some details that you should note:
- Parking for unloading purposes will be available through the Conference Center if your display items are wheeled in. If you do not have wheel capability then please unload at the loading dock area behind the hotel. Please park your car in the Holiday Inn parking lot located NEXT to the Radisson (if you can find an available spot) to free up Radisson parking for Expo attendees. (Carpooling or getting dropped off by a colleague is HIGHLY encouraged.)
- Set up begins at 12:00pm, please do not arrive earlier because your booth may not be ready yet.
- All booths will be broken down and removed from the Radisson Hotel beginning at 6:00pm. Please do NOT break your booth down early.
- If you need electricity please contact us ASAP. There is a $60 charge if you let us know by October 10th and this will be increased to $75 between October 7th-October 9th. Electricity will not be available after October 10th.
- Every booth receives a complimentary refreshment bag.
Tasting Room Exhibitors:
- Your booth will automatically come with electricity.
- Please bring food samples for approximately 600 people (we estimate approximately 800 people are at the Expo including exhibitors and attendees).
- Remember to bring what you need to serve your samples (napkins, plates, utensils, etc.).
- This is a GREAT opportunity to market your business! Come with menus and coupons to hand out.
Things to consider when planning your booth:
- Expo Pumpkin Stroll: We are asking all exhibitors to decorate a pumpkin to display at your booth. Attendees and exhibitors will be given a ballot (see more information below) to vote for their favorite pumpkin.
- Voting: We’ll have ballots for all the booths and attendees to select their favorite exhibitors. Categories will be Picture Perfect Pumpkin, Swankiest Swag, Dynamic Display, and Tastiest Treat (for Tasting Room only).
- Please email Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know exactly what you would like your booth sign to say (Company Name) and if you have a giveaway/raffle that you’d like us to promote on Social Media.
Using Social Media to promote the Expo:
- Facebook Event: Here is the link to the Facebook event page. Please click that you are Going, share the event on your business and personal pages and invite your friends to come. We also encourage you to post on the event about your booth (who will be at the booth? are you doing any giveaways? a sneak peek of your pumpkin).
- Hashtags: We invite all of our Social Media savvy exhibitors to use #GLCCExpo #NVCoC when posting about the Business Expo & Showcase.
- Pumpkin Stroll: Include your Social Media followers in the creation of your pumpkin. Ask them for ideas and feedback and give them a sneak peek. You could even display it at your office and invite them to come and see it. Post your photos using hashtag #ExpoPumpkinStroll.
Resources to help inspire you and make the most out of your investment:
- Article: Always Promote, Prepare, Present and Pursue When Exhibiting at an Expo/Trade Show
- Blue Bumble hosted an Expo Must Haves…. Event for us a few years back. Here’s what they had to say:
- Raffle Sign/Business Card Collector
- There is a lot of noise at tradeshows, so you need to find a way to stand out and draw attention.
- Come with a fun idea for an appealing raffle item (some popular items: Beats by Dre headphones, GoPro, Apple Watch) to draw leads into your booth.
- Ask visitors to drop in their business card to enter your raffle, and take the opportunity to provide them some information about your company’s offerings.
- For those that don’t have business cards – think of having a sign up sheet. Never miss a prospecting opportunity.
- Content & Collateral
- Pieces of content that explain your company and its products/services.
- Make sure to have a combination of pieces so that there will be something to appeal to every audience:
- Think brochures, rackcards, sales kit – anything that details your products/services/offerings.
- STAND OUT & try a fun and super visual one like an infographic, a data sheet that summarizes your offerings, and a heartier piece.
- Giveaways or Swag
- Think trendy – what’s hot and what will people use
- Hot items include selfie sticks, portable power banks for phones/ipads, lip balm, USB drives and apparel.
- Reminder: All swag should be branded so you leave a lasting impression
- Make sure that your booth screams your company’s name.
- Bring a branded tablecloth for your table and a pull-up/retractable banner with details about your company’s offerings.
- Remember: It’s not the size of the space – it’s what you do with it that counts.
- People forget these all the time.
- These don’t need to be branded, but it’s better if they are (plus they are an inexpensive giveaway).
- If you represent a software company, you’ll likely want at least one monitor to give interactive demos to interested visitors.
- Regardless of company type, you should plan for at least one monitor to show a fun video that gives an idea of what your company does.
- Make sure to request electrical with the Expo host.
- Raffle Sign/Business Card Collector
Photos from last year to spark excitement and creativity!