#ChamberStrong is a grassroots campaign to help tell the story of over 6,500 Chambers of Commerce throughout the country as we face uncertainty in our industry due to a lack of funding and not being eligible for COVID-19 relief programs including PPP (Paycheck Protection Program).
Our communities are turning to us as the first resource to provide information, guidance, positivity, and ideas during this unprecedented time. And now, as we plan for when the economy will open back up, everyone will be looking to Chambers of Commerce to help execute a swift recovery.
It is a misconception that Chambers are funded through municipalities, states, or the federal government. Chambers of Commerce are independent not-for-profit 501(c)6 organizations. All of our funding is generated through membership fees, sponsorships, and events.* Needless to say, during the COVID-19 crisis, we are not hosting events, sponsorship money is drying up and we anticipate a significant reduction in membership. We were left out of the programs we are currently promoting to the local business community essentially leaving Chambers without funding options or relief.
Chambers of Commerce are catalysts, convenors, and champions for our members and the communities in which we proudly serve. We want to continue our work for decades to come and that is why we need everyone to rally around us and be #ChamberStrong.
How can you be #ChamberStrong?
- Join or sponsor the Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce (every little bit helps).
- Make an investment in the Greater Lowell Chamber’s future.
- Write or create a video testimonial about why you are a proud Greater Lowell Chamber member. Tag us and use #ChamberStrong and #GLCoC.
- Encourage local businesses and organizations to join the Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce.
- Become a Social Media Champion for the Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce – like us, comment on our posts, share our content, and leave a review!
- Share these articles on your personal and/or professional Social Media profiles using the hashtag #ChamberStrong.
Together, we will all get through this uncertain time!
*Some Chambers of Commerce receive funding from their municipality/state and some chambers may have a 501(c)3 foundation. The Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce does NOT receive any outside funding.
Thank you to the following businesses and organizations for being #ChamberStrong!
Kristen Laurin, Anstiss and Co.