Through our Connecting Activities Program, the MassHire Greater Lowell Workforce Board (MHGLWB) is working to connect high school students with local businesses. Through job shadows, internships, part time-jobs and employer attended events, we can expose our students to the workforce system and to industries that they will be driving in the coming years.
Connecting Activities is a Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) initiative that leverages a statewide infrastructure to support “college and career readiness” for all students.
· The MHGLWB partners with the following schools, located on-site assisting students ages 16-21:
- Lowell High School
- Greater Lowell Technical High School
- Lowell Middlesex Academy Charter School
- Tewksbury High School
- Chelmsford High School
- Dracut High School
- Tyngsboro High School
· We aim to prepare our students to enter the workforce by holding career readiness workshops, recruitment events, job fairs, and one-on-one meetings at each high school, for job application assistance and resume development.
· Past employer events/activities include
- Employer panel (Lowell General Hospital, Lowell Five Bank, Lowell National Historic Park, Thermo Fisher Scientific and T.J. Maxx)
- On-Site Job Fairs (both virtually and in person
- Guest Speakers
- Targeted Recruitments
- Job Shadows
- Summer Internships
Employers willing to work with young people are our biggest assets. If you are interested in hiring a student or working with us to expose our students to the workforce, then let’s connect!
Beatriz Sierra – Beatriz.Sierra@MassHireGreaterlowell.com
Jay Green – Jay.Green@MassHireGreaterlowell.com
Abby Seripais – Abigail.Seripais@masshiregreaterlowell.com