Senior Customer Sales and Service Associates/ Salem Five Bank – Tewksbury
Senior Customer Sales and Service Associate / Salem Five Bank / 2171 Main Street/Tewksbury, MA
Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Customer Experience Manager
Universally trained store employee for our Tewksbury MA branch is responsible for providing supervision and guidance to CSSA’s as well as opening new accounts, processing client servicing requests and processing teller transactions as needed. Provide quality customer service while selling and/or referring asset/liability/investment/insurance products, utilizing reactive and proactive sales techniques and alternative delivery technology. Schedule is 40 hours/week during branch business hours: Monday – Friday; some Saturdays and Sundays.
Understanding that all divisions of the company work together for one common purpose – to deliver a consistent and distinctive customer experience to all customers. All employees must have knowledge of Salem Five’s digital banking services and are able to use, understand and describe these services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, however other duties may be assigned as necessary:
ENSURE ASSIGNED STORE GOALS ARE ACHIEVED:
• Participates in the company’s sales program on the Teller line and Platform. Utilizes the sales process to identify customers’ and prospects’ product and service needs.
• Makes financial suggestions or refers leads to other business units such as SFIS, SFBI, Mortgages and HELOC.
• Accounts for sales activity and sales goals.
• Addresses customer questions/issues.
• Tracks all customer contact for follow-up.
• Demonstrates alternative delivery options for customers.
ENSURE SERVICE QUALITY:
• Be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Salem Five’s digital technology offering.
• Proficient with mobile smart phones and downloading applications. This includes the basics of texting, email and application management
• Proficient utilizing desktop applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, Exchange)
• Proficient utilizing the Internet (mobile and desktop) to search and locate information
• Embrace new and emerging technologies to support operations and customers through flexibility and the ability to learn and adapt to change
• Adheres to company’s Service Standards; provides quality customer service
• Lead by example.
• Services customer needs on the platform; opens and closes accounts including Consumer Loans and Business Services.
ENSURE OPERATIONAL INTEGRITY:
• Complies with procedures for security, audit, check cashing guidelines, government regulations and Bank policy and procedures.
• Provides supervision, guidance and work assignments to CSSA’s in the absence of the store manager.
• Processes all Teller transactions as well as complex operational or customer requests.
• Responsible for Cash control.
• Responsible for ATM settlement.
• Responsible for Branch settlement.
• Opens and Closes Store.
• Regular attendance is essential to this position.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AN/OR EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate and/or relevant retail sales experience or 2 to 3 years in retail banking; sales experience and demonstrated results; self motivated; excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving abilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and core values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Interpersonal Skills – A strong collaborator with customers and co-workers; focuses on responding to customer inquiries; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral & Written Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen – Understands basics of the business and related implications of decisions
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values.
Analytical – Has the ability to organize data, both financial and systemic information, and to make assessments that will be used to optimize systems or financial performance.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
With a rich history and a strong reputation for growth, service and innovation, Salem Five offers employees a sense of stability and pride. Salem Five also offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package including health insurance and matching 401k plan. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and application online at salemfive.com/careers or mail your resume to Human Resources, 210 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.