Head Teller – Lowell Five
The Head Teller serves as a supervisor to Retail Banking Associates (RBAs) as well as an advisor to internal and external customers. The position may include traditional teller and customer service representative functions (handling more complex inquires, transactions etc.) as well as responsibilities related to operations and staff development. The Head Teller should have strong knowledge of the core banking system, products, and services and serve as a role model for Retail Banking Associates. In this position, the Head Teller will split their time between our North Andover and Haverhill locations.
ABOUT LOWELL FIVE
With nearly $1.7 billion in assets, over 200 employees, and banking center locations throughout the Merrimack Valley and Southern New Hampshire, Lowell Five is honored to play a vital role in the economic vitality of the region. We provide support of, and our employees are engaged in, a myriad of leadership roles for numerous community boards and organizations. We are proud of the longevity of our employees and we are committed to finding new talent for our team. We offer career development and educational programs to support personal and professional growth along with a benefit package that supports each employee’s best life. For more information, please visit www.lowellfive.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises and schedules daily activities of Retail Banking Associates (RBA) and provides assistance as necessary; maintains attendance records; oversees RBA daily proof by providing assistance in balancing
• Responsible for branch cash operations to include changes in core operating systems, inventory of negotiable instruments, compliance and security requirements, and adherence to defined policies and procedures as they relate to RBA and cash handling functions
• Performs security function by opening main vault; verifies and distributes cash to RBAs as required; balances vault on daily basis
• Balances branch transactions at close of business day
• Balances ATM; maintains safe deposit records where required
• May open and close branch office following branch procedures as assigned
• Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers
• Assists in training and development of new staff; contributes to periodic performance evaluations and promotional recommendations
• Assists and supports the sales efforts of branch management by being a positive role model, providing sales coaching, looking for sales opportunities and working to preserve existing customer relationships
• Utilizes and promotes the branch team’s usage of CRM (Salesforce.com)
• Completes periodic reports for management including synergy, compliance, auditing, etc.
• Provides backup to Assistant Branch Manager during periods of absence or as workload dictates
• Serves as a backup to the Customer Service Representative in opening new accounts, determines customers’ needs, provides necessary information, and processes applicable paperwork
• Serves as a Retail Banking Associate and performs all required RBA duties as necessary
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Previous cash handling and customer service experience in Retail, preferably at least one year within the banking industry
• Extensive knowledge of the core banking system as well as standard retail branch office equipment
• Thorough knowledge of bank products and services as well as policies and procedures
• Customer focus with the ability to build and maintain relationships
• Strong oral communication skills with the ability to be concise, clear, and consistent
• Capable of working independently and solving problems
• Proven supervisory and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to change
• Must be able to work both opening and closing hours as the branch schedule requires; flexibility in work schedule
• Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies weighing up to approximately 25 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change over time.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Applications can be submitted at https://www.lowellfive.com/about/careers/