- This event has passed.
Workplace Inclusion: Bringing Disability Front & Center
In 2020, only 17.9% of people with disabilities in the U.S. were employed. We need to do better!
– Calling all managers & aspiring managers! Gain knowledge to support your staff with disabilities.
– Calling all employees with disabilities! Educate others about your experience with accessible work environments.
By the end of this training, you’ll be able to:
• Describe what the ADA addresses in Title I and who is covered.
• Summarize the process of receiving a Reasonable Accommodation and explain when one might be needed.
• Know how to make recruitment, hiring, and retention processes more inclusive for people with disabilities.
• Understand how to incorporate accessibility into documents, social media, presentations & more.
• Identify what protections exist for employees with a substance use disorder.
This training is a great professional development opportunity for staff at all levels!
For Human Resource professionals, NILP is recognized by SHRM to offer 2 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities