Training Coordinator – Acre Family Child Care
Job Title: Training Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Co-Executive Director
Agency Overview: Acre Family Child Care (AFCC) is a nationally recognized non-profit that has been serving children, women, and families in Lowell since 1988. Our holistic approach helps women achieve economic independence by providing the educational and technical support needed to create sustainable home-based family child care businesses. AFCC’s network of 58 family child care homes provides high-quality care for nearly 400 children in Lowell every day.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Co-Executive Director, the Training Coordinator is a full-time position (40 hours per week) responsible for managing a wide-variety of activities. This includes the coordination of all agency training activities, development and delivery of individual workshops on various Early Childhood and Child Care related topics, work to make information accessible and respectful of diverse cultures, and support and assistance to Providers seeking to improve their program.
• Establish annual training calendar and manage all logistics related to training sessions and ensure the integrity of the curriculum, adult education techniques, and the overall program philosophy
• Update and deliver AFCC’s proprietary Child Care Quality Benchmark Training program as necessary
• Stay informed about Provider and child care needs, regulations and requirements from the Department of Early Education and Care, and research on best practices in the fields of Early Education and Care and Family Child Care, to support the growth and development of all AFCC Providers
• Represent AFCC to the field and community-at-large to foster AFCC’s image and to advocate for linguistically and culturally responsive curriculum and training materials for family child care providers
• Perform evaluations of the training program and report outcomes as required • Assist with the development of grant proposals and reports
• Attend regular meetings and communicate with other AFCC staff on training related topics
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
• Strong communication skills, ability to balance multiple activities, and detail oriented are a must
• Preference given for proficiency in additional languages spoken by communities in the Lowell area.
• Available for occasional evening and weekend hours
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently
• Acre Family Child Care in an equal opportunity employer; we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Required for Consideration:
• Please include a cover letter and resume as part of your application.
• Questions or additional materials may be sent to Lucas@acrefamily.org