Lowell Five Bank: Controller
The Controller is responsible for overseeing the Bank’s accounting staff, compliance with GAAP, and ensuring efficient and effective accounting operations. This position will report directly to the CFO and be located at our Headquarters in Tewksbury, MA.
About Lowell Five
With over $1.1 billion in assets, 250 employees and 16 banking center locations throughout the Merrimack Valley and Southern New Hampshire, Lowell Five is honored to play a vital role in the economic vitality of the region. We provide support of, and our employees are engaged in, a myriad of leadership roles for numerous community boards and organizations. We are proud of the longevity of our employees and we are committed to finding new talent for our team. We offer career development and educational programs to support personal and professional growth along with a benefit package that supports each employee’s best life. The Bank has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal. For more information, please visit www.lowellfive.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the integrity and maintenance of the general ledger, fixed assets, investments, accounts payable, and general accounting functions
• Application of new accounting pronouncements
• Maintain a financial reporting calendar to ensure compliance with all financial reporting deadlines
• Manage production and dissemination of financial reports and analyses to bank management, Board of Directors and regulatory agencies
• Assist with the quarterly calculation of the Bank’s allowance for loan losses
• Oversee the preparation of the Bank’s quarterly Call Report
• Lead internal and external audit engagements, as well as internal control testing
• Participate in the Bank’s asset liability management process
• Collaborate, develop and maintain reporting and communication processes with other departments and business line executives
• Identify key efficiencies and lead initiatives to automate and improve processes
• Lead new software implementation and advancements.
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management; CPA preferred
• At least 5 years of banking or public accounting experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of and experience with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
LOWELL FIVE BANK
• Experience with Prologue General Ledger preferred
• Detail-oriented, analytical with the ability to provide solutions for complex problems
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under variable conditions
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized and self-motivated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Lowell Five is an Equal Opportunity Employer.