Do you ever struggle to concisely describe your organization’s work? Do you wish more people truly understood and appreciated the value your organization delivers? Do you feel if more people really “got” your organization the way you do, you could fundraise better, recruit board members more effectively, and have greater impact? If you found yourself nodding “yes” to any of these questions, then you have a story problem.
By design or by default, your organization is already telling a story. But if you’re not getting the outcomes you want, you need to get to the core of your organizational story and learn to tell it the right way. In this workshop, we’ll help you identify and get to the core of your organizational story, and find ways to use that story to benefit your organization for the long term. You’ll:
– Learn how to use story to make an emotional connection
– Determine which parts of your story you need to tell, and how
– Help others understand why your work matters
– Understand how your data can tell a powerful story
To get the most benefit from this workshop, participants should bring:
– Their organization’s mission statement
– Something that shows how they currently explain what they do and why others should support it (i.e. a brochure, fundraising letter, or a printout of the home or about page from their website)
This seminar is part of the Non-Profit Collaborative Seminar Series, presented by Enterprise Bank.