Looking for a great volunteer opportunity?
THRIVE’s 2-day COSA training is an experiential exploration of the meaning, guidelines and impact of Circles. The training will take place on Friday from 4:30pm – 8:30pm and Saturday from 9am – 4:30pm. Throughout the course of the training, participants will:
1. Explore the support and accountability systems of both themselves and prospective Core Members (returning citizens).
2. Gain understanding of the state-enforced Conditions (rules) that Core Members must follow when released from prison.
3. Explore the experiences of the victims of prospective Core Members.
4. Explore and understand program and personal boundaries that support healthy relationships and community wholeness.
5. Explore the process, challenges and supportive factors of personal change.
6. Gain understanding and exposure to Circle Meeting process through both film and role plays.
There is no advanced reading or preparation. Facilitators only ask that participants come with a willingness to share, listen and learn together. By the end of the day, participants will have gained an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a volunteer of THRIVE’s Circle of Support and Accountability initiative.
THRIVE is a startup non-profit that relies on the support of passionate people like you. To ensure all can participate, there are no training fees, we simply ask that participants consider making a gift of $40 to support THRIVE’s mission.
This training is modeled after the Vermont Department of Corrections and Community Justice Center Network of Vermont’s statewide COSA training.
Visit our website for more information http://www.thrivema.org/
To register for this training click the Eventbrite link provided below.