The GLCC’s Community Service Committee has selected Lowell Parks & Conservation Trust as their nonprofit for April and May!
The Lowell Parks & Conservation Trust (LP&CT) is a private, non-profit land trust located in Lowell, Massachusetts. LP&CT was founded in 1990 by residents with a vision to protect the natural resources upon which the city of Lowell was built. LP&CT provides conservation leadership and programs which focus on four major areas: land protection, stewardship, environmental education, and special places.
· Creating connections through land protection
· After-school environmental education programs for urban youth
· Creating, connecting, and enhancing neighborhood parks, streetscapes, and special places
· Tree planting for wildlife, air quality and shade
Ways you can check out and support LP&CT:
- Go White Water Rafting on the Concord River! Rafting runs from April 6th-May on Saturdays and Sundays from 9am-1pm. Weekday trips can be scheduled for groups.
- Make a donation to help support and incredible organization!
- Volunteer with LP&CT – there are so many opportunities between fish monitoring, river/park clean-ups, office help and becoming a property steward.
If you’d like to help immediately, sign up for their fish monitoring program!